Trimble has three warranty policies. These are the details to each. Please contact us for warranty information for a specific product.
“No Excuses” Free, Over-the-counter Exchange Warranty
- Trimble’s “No Excuses” warranty is a free, instant exchange of your Spectra Precision product with a new unit from SitechWest inventory without the need of showing a receipt. This warranty covers defects due to material and workmanship. Products with a “No Excuses” warranty that have failed between the date of purchase and the specified warranty period will be replaced at no charge. This warranty can be anywhere from 1 year to 5 years.
Supplemental, Over-the-counter Exchange Warranty
- Trimble’s Supplemental Warranty is an instant, over-the-counter exchange policy that can be completed without a receipt with SitechWest. Under the Supplemental warranty, SitechWest will replace your SPS product that has failed due to normal use for the same price as a typical repair with a new unit from their inventory during the specified period of the warranty. A Supplemental Warranty comes into play after a “No Excuses” Warranty period has come to an end.
“No Cost” Repair Warranty
- The “No Cost” Repair Warranty from Trimble is for parts and labor within a stated number of years for defects due to material and workmanship. This Construction Tools Standard Factory Warranty period begins the day the end user received the product. If the product was delivered to the end user more than 120 days from the date the product was shipped from Trimble, a copy of the purchase invoice will be required to validate the warranty period. Failure to provide a proof of sale date results in the warranty period beginning 120 days from the Trimble Ship Date.
- Trimble’s Drop Warranty covers all parts and labor to repair units dropped within the specified height
Service Parts & Labor Repair Warranty
- Trimble warrants all repair work, parts and labor to ensure product repair is performed thoroughly and accurately for customers. This warranty is only valid when a repair has been made by an authorized Trimble service center like SitechWest with its factory-trained and certified technicians. The claim must also be accompanied by the original repair report documentation.
Covered under this warranty:
- Parts and labor on all electronics (PCB’s), optics, laser diodes, displays and compensators covered for 12 months or for the remainder of the original warranty period
- Parts and labor on all other components are covered for 90 days or the remainder of the original warranty.
Please note that Unit calibrations are not covered by Trimble Warranties. It is also the responsibility of the end user to validate the unit is within calibration before starting any work.